Dark Horse Candidates

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another dark horse candidate is Suamataia.

I think Kingsley and Jordan Morgan have to be acknowledged as being prototypical Packer types. I struggle predicting an OL pick in the first day but if either of these two are not picked at 41 - I think it is VERY likely one comes this way.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think Kingsley and Jordan Morgan have to be acknowledged as being prototypical Packer types. I struggle predicting an OL pick in the first day but if either of these two are not picked at 41 - I think it is VERY likely one comes this way.

I don't think that Morgan will be in play for them at #25 because of his length issues. I think he's bound for the interior, and I can't see them taking iOL in round 1. Same reason why I bet they would pass on Barton if he's there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that Morgan will be in play for them at #25 because of his length issues. I think he's bound for the interior, and I can't see them taking iOL in round 1. Same reason why I bet they would pass on Barton if he's there.

I don't disagree in that both are more so tracked to being that switch to guard, but Morgan with just hair under 33 inch arms I see a lot more tackle than I do in Barton. I think GB would take either at 41, but I tend to agree very little chance at 25 just based off trends.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't disagree in that both are more so tracked to being that switch to guard, but Morgan with just hair under 33 inch arms I see a lot more tackle than I do in Barton. I think GB would take either at 41, but I tend to agree very little chance at 25 just based off trends.

I think both are bound to move inside and I think Barton’s age, tools, and development curve make him the more attractive option.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really care if Gutekunst trades up, down or all around however, I really like the thought of having 5 picks in the first 91. That gives me a warm fuzzy that the middle of the defense is going to get stronger and deeper.
I won't be surprised if 4 of the first five picks are defense. The other will be an OT.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Carlies is a big Safety, 6'2.5"-3" 227-229lbs, pending where you look. I've seen where he could possibly play some LB.
Wasn't that what the Packers tried to do with Tariq Carpenter?

I would love to know how many of those experiments of switching a player from his college position to a different one in the NFL pans out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that what the Packers tried to do with Tariq Carpenter?

I would love to know how many of those experiments of switching a player from his college position to a different one in the NFL pans out.

Carlies is far more DB than Tariq was to be fair.

Carlies snap count this past year - 326 at FS / 150 Slot / 167 Box
Tariq in his final year - 110 at FS / 62 Slot / 263 Box

Carlies IMO at least was a far better coverage DB than Tariq was...his hips and footwork to me is far superior.

The crazy thing about Jaylon that is mind boggling his arm length and hand sizes are that of a OT....34.25 arms and 10 inch hands.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dark Horse Candidates that are Packer types that could eat up Day1 pick that many would be baffled by and likely screaming about here on the forum as well...

Michael Hall Jr. iDL
Trevin Wallace LB
Jordan Morgan OT (likely to slide to guard)
Darius Robinson DL/DE hybrid
Kris Jenkins iDL
Kingsley Suamataia OT
Adisa Isaac Edge

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero on Good Morning Football gave 4 potential 1st rd risers

Keon Coleman
Kingsley Suamataia
Xavier Leggette
Junior Colson

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero on Good Morning Football gave 4 potential 1st rd risers

Keon Coleman
Kingsley Suamataia
Xavier Leggette
Junior Colson
Eesh, people sure are infatuated with the WR's. I guess I could see possibly Kansas City doing that because of their current situation but man, there is such an incredible shortage of good offensive linemen and defensive linemen in the league imo.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright. I'm putting this on record. We are here. DeJean vs. Wiggins vs. other OT's.
I'm voting Wiggins happens. May eat these words. We'll see...
Newton also a possibility.
[post pick]
ok, I'll start eating...

Andy is on record of stating the only guy he didn't want was Jordan morgan lol...FFS....

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts