Bakhtiari to Jets?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander isn't going anywhere. Before his upcoming $8m roster bonus and other bonuses, even in a trade we have a negative cap savings. He's a $27m dead cap plus those bonuses. Pushing it off to a post June 1 deal doesn't save much more than a low tier veteran journeyman salary.

Jaire would be a post draft and post June trade if he moves. Depending how draft goes, and with the direction this roster is going I wouldn’t be against moving him. Essentially seeing growth and success currently without him already.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Jaire would be a post draft and post June trade if he moves. Depending how draft goes, and with the direction this roster is going I wouldn’t be against moving him. Essentially seeing growth and success currently without him already.
Do you hold back on his $8m roster bonus somehow or just eat it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you’d have to eat it, makes him more tradable than doing a money shuffle and honestly I don’t even know if you could.

Jaire ain’t restructuring either if I were to bet

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I think you’d have to eat it, makes him more tradable than doing a money shuffle and honestly I don’t even know if you could.

Jaire ain’t restructuring either if I were to bet
Unless I am overlooking something, Jaire isn't going anywhere in 2024. Trading him (or releasing) him is a $27.45M cap hit. Not to mention if it is done after the 3rd day of the league year, that adds $8M to that.

His contract is reminding me of Bahks. They over leveraged themselves and are now on the hook for a guy who isn't even playing and when he does, he can't stay healthy.

His Dead cap really is a killer.

2024: $27.45M (Add $8M roster bonus after March something)
2025: $19M
2026: $10.72M
2027: $2.36

Jaire is in Green Bay for at least another 2 years IMO.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander isn't going anywhere. Before his upcoming $8m roster bonus and other bonuses, even in a trade we have a negative cap savings. He's a $27m dead cap plus those bonuses. Pushing it off to a post June 1 deal doesn't save much more than a low tier veteran journeyman salary.
I wish Alexander would get back to his All Pro form. He runs his mouth more than he makes plays. He's too young to have lost his athletic ability. He needs to shut up and play.

Another possibility is that Barry isn't using him properly. He's supposed to be the best CB on the team. So put him on the opponents' best receiver.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lazard literally being a healthy inactive
and some Packer fans were viewing him as the #1 WR for the Packers in 2022. :rolleyes:

That isn't to say that given the Packers depth chart, he wasn't, but it does show you just how BAD the receiving group was for Rodgers and the Packers over the last few years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and some Packer fans were viewing him as the #1 WR for the Packers in 2022. :rolleyes:

That isn't to say that given the Packers depth chart, he wasn't, but it does show you just how BAD the receiving group was for Rodgers and the Packers over the last few years.

Lazard with Rodgers due to their knowing eachother so well is a WR2 for sure. But he also is suffering I think with finally having “big money” syndrome too

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless I am overlooking something, Jaire isn't going anywhere in 2024. Trading him (or releasing) him is a $27.45M cap hit. Not to mention if it is done after the 3rd day of the league year, that adds $8M to that.

His contract is reminding me of Bahks. They over leveraged themselves and are now on the hook for a guy who isn't even playing and when he does, he can't stay healthy.

You post June it and it saves you money, you also always could trade him for a top sixty type pick likely once you’ve covered some of his hit next year after league starts.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Alexander would get back to his All Pro form. He runs his mouth more than he makes plays. He's too young to have lost his athletic ability. He needs to shut up and play.

Another possibility is that Barry isn't using him properly. He's supposed to be the best CB on the team. So put him on the opponents' best receiver.

Um, Jaire isn’t playing enough this year to even properly judge. Dude has played less than Stokes it seems like who has been on IR twice

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You post June it and it saves you money, you also always could trade him for a top sixty type pick likely once you’ve covered some of his hit next year after league starts.
1) When will the Packers finally be free of the dead cap hits (real and potential) from Rodgers, Bakh, and Alexander (and did I miss anyone)?

2) I understand Alexander, if traded or cut, would result in a $27 mil dead cap hit. But if his play doesn't match his big mouth, and there are better alternatives, the money is a sunk cost. That shouldn't prevent the Packers from getting rid of him and finding someone who can play. Right?

Thanks all.

Reaction score
I don’t see Stokes going anywhere till deal is up. Injuries have stolen two years from him. Cheap to keep and see what you have post and no benefit releasing
I really believe Stokes will be back in the next several weeks at latest.

Now the question is will his Hamstring hold up this time around idk. He never missed a game in college so this is his first injuries since HS. I’m going to lean on Stokes plays this season. Matter of fact 50/50 he suits up Monday night. Stokes has been practicing and he’s eligible.

I kinda feel bad for him but maybe this is what he needed to comprehend how important it is to rise up. We shall see

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It doesn't save you money to declare it post June, it only postpones half. So yes, you spread it out over 2 seasons, but its still the same amount.

Given his 2024 Roster Bonus: $8M (3rd league day of 2024), I just don't see the Packers being able to pull the trigger on a trade or letting him loose b4 then. If he is healthy, he's a decent CB. However, like Bahktiari, you have to be very concerned with his injury history. I also agree with you that he made bank, got his big pay day and potentially, he's been coasting. Ooops, you said that about Lazard. However, I think the same might be said about JA.

Now, as far as a trade goes. Many of the elements that would make him desirable to trade for the Packers, make him less desirable for another team to give much in a trade. I think that was the problem with both Rodgers and Bahk. Trading an elite player free from baggage is one thing, but trying to pawn off an overpaid problem to another team, limits you quite a bit.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lazard with Rodgers due to their knowing eachother so well is a WR2 for sure. But he also is suffering I think with finally having “big money” syndrome too
While I see that, you are talking about chemistry and Rodgers elite skills compensating for what I believe to be at best, a #4 WR on another team, without Rodgers. Now maybe he just needs to dig deep, forget that he made bank and play like his career relies on it. Still, besides his blocking skills, Lazard is just a meh WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Now the question is will his Hamstring hold up this time around idk. He never missed a game in college so this is his first injuries since HS. I’m going to lean on Stokes plays this season. Matter of fact 50/50 he suits up Monday night. Stokes has been practicing and he’s eligible.

I kinda feel bad for him but maybe this is what he needed to comprehend how important it is to rise up. We shall see
Another season of hammy issues. Seems all too familiar with the Packers teams. Maybe other teams are facing it as well, but come on trainers and those leading stretches, diet, etc.....we need to do better.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is another question. Will he play well?

Reaction score
There is another question. Will he play well?
Forgive me ahead of time for being frank here. We don’t even know if our current starters will play well. I don’t mean that in a smart way it’s just a fact.

This next part is what I’m seeing. IMO

As far as Stokes goes? He’s at very worst CB depth. We could do a lot worse than getting Ja and Stokes back in the lineup. Even IF they (Ja or Stokes) are both on a snap count it = them working their way back into the fold. We need them for postseason as someone almost always goes out in that CB room and we actually have the luxury of bringing them back at a moderate snap pace.

If we get 2 CB’s returning it doubles our chances that 1 will look good. We’d have serviceable backups also as the young guys have gotten lots of playing time. To me? This could be a very good Christmas gift if all goes well. 2 Day1 CB’s added starting later December is a gift any NFL team has on their Santa list.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get somebody better. Too often it feels like if you're on this roster for a year or two you've got tenure. This line needs to get more physical and better to deal with the likes of the 49ers Eagles among others. Good enough in Green Bay doesn't always translate to good enough in the NFL.
Sorry I forgot to hit the quote button. That reply was for Tinimiller.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get somebody better. Too often it feels like if you're on this roster for a year or two you've got tenure. This line needs to get more physical and better to deal with the likes of the 49ers Eagles among others. Good enough in Green Bay doesn't always translate to good enough in the NFL.
Sorry I forgot to hit the quote button. That reply was for Tinimiller.

If speaking on Runyan, replacing him with a better option via draft, FA or Rhyan is one thing, but you don’t just cut a guy that has starting experience and CHEAP rookie contract.

Would be the dumbest thing Gute has done. Now if he gets pushed down and off roster by better play for sure go for it

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me ahead of time for being frank here. We don’t even know if our current starters will play well. I don’t mean that in a smart way it’s just a fact.

This next part is what I’m seeing. IMO

As far as Stokes goes? He’s at very worst CB depth. We could do a lot worse than getting Ja and Stokes back in the lineup. Even IF they (Ja or Stokes) are both on a snap count it = them working their way back into the fold. We need them for postseason as someone almost always goes out in that CB room and we actually have the luxury of bringing them back at a moderate snap pace.

If we get 2 CB’s returning it doubles our chances that 1 will look good. We’d have serviceable backups also as the young guys have gotten lots of playing time. To me? This could be a very good Christmas gift if all goes well. 2 Day1 CB’s added starting later December is a gift any NFL team has on their Santa list.
Yes, I agree with what you say. It's just that when Stokes got hurt; he had not been covering very good.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Given his 2024 Roster Bonus: $8M (3rd league day of 2024), I just don't see the Packers being able to pull the trigger on a trade or letting him loose b4 then. If he is healthy, he's a decent CB. However, like Bahktiari, you have to be very concerned with his injury history. I also agree with you that he made bank, got his big pay day and potentially, he's been coasting. Ooops, you said that about Lazard. However, I think the same might be said about JA.
My feelings on Alexander exactly. No surprise to me that he'll play in the New York media market.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So were we right or wrong to view him as the #1 WR for the Packers in 2022?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So were we right or wrong to view him as the #1 WR for the Packers in 2022?
Statistically, he did end up being the Packers #1 WR in 2022.

However, that was my point and maybe I didn't express it well. To "have to" view Lazard as a #1 WR, is a pretty telling statement about the rest of your receiving corp.

In 2021, he was #2 in stats, behind Adams of course. Again, the receiving corp is Adams and a bunch of JAGS.

In 2020, same story. You have Adams and in that year, MVS is not even close to Adams production, but still, the #2 WR on the team.

I have only watch MVS a few times since he became a Chief, but he is a one trick pony (long ball) and not all that great at it, even with Rodgers or Mahomes.

Lazard. He signs with the Jets for $10M/year, due to Rodgers. Rodgers isn't his QB and he looks so bad, he is a healthy scratch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My feelings on Alexander exactly. No surprise to me that he'll play in the New York media market.
Maybe in a few seasons, but his contract is really hard to move away from. We have seen this a lot lately (Bahk, Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Preston Smith). Guessing I missed some names too. When you go all in on a players new contract and then start pushing most of it out into the future, you've set yourself up to ride that player out for several seasons, since getting out from underneath their contract, is a nasty cap hit.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What Jaire has to realize is that if he has one more injury teams will shy away from him. He has had several so far. As good as Darelle Revis was his value dropped suddenly after some bang ups. This is another one that will have us eating more dead cap $$. Alexander is talented but he is a bit gun shy since he took that hit against the Steelers in 2021. On the other hand our Youngs do not have the cover skills yet but they love hitting people.