2024 Round 4, pick 111: Evan Williams, S, Oregon

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why He Will Succeed: Williams coverage limitations will be mitigated by playing next to McKinney, allowing him to do more box work than deep coverage. In this role, his tackling and box work will allow him to make plays.

Why He Would Fail: Even in a limited coverage role, Williams can't hang and he misses too many tackles in the box to boot.

My Guess: I think Williams and Bullard will share the majority of the snaps at safety across from McKinney. Bullard will move to the slot in big nickel, but play the safety spot in certain pass-happy games or situations.

Upside Comp: I've seen a lot of Alohi Gilman, but I like Julian Blackmon.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Evan Williams will wear his college #33... going to be strange seeing that # on the defensive side of the ball again.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting this same kind of info on another site. Don't remember the assignment of numbers being this big a deal before. Did I miss something? Just wondering.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Getting this same kind of info on another site. Don't remember the assignment of numbers being this big a deal before. Did I miss something? Just wondering.
Some fans just like to know, whether it be so they can order a jersey, or in the larger picture, that's what you see on the field are numbers, more than names. As for players, a number means something to them in most cases, that's why you see guys pay others to try to get a certain number, if it's taken already, or switch if it becomes available. Sometimes it might have been their high school, or college number. Just some additional information to put out there on these newest members of our Packers Team.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand most of that. Just don't remember it being that big a deal in the forums. Carry on.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turns out Evan Williams has a knack of getting into the other team's backfield. I learned today that in 2023, he was on the field for 20 passing plays, and of those 20 snaps, he had5 hurries and 4.5 sacks. That's one of the best ratios in the country. Also, 5 tackles for loss.

And, like Kitan Oladapalo, he's already become good friends with the Bear's new quarterback, Caleb Wiliam (who certainly seems to like hanging onto the ball; he may pay dearly for that habit).

Here he is sacking Caleb and stripping hhim of the ball, and then another shot of hi recovering a second Williams fumble....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.