2024 2nd Rd pick #58 Javon Bullard S

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wanted to fix the Defense more than patch holes and re-enforce the solid areas. Next year I think we can go back to the re-enforcing.
I think with the safety position, and between FA and the draft, he filled the hole at safety. Now we'll see if that transfers to the game.

And yeah, hopefully the D is pretty well set for now with talent and depth. It would be a luxury, a very possible luxury, to use the draft to reinforce positions going forward. In the meantime, this sure looks like a very young, talented team.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with the safety position, and between FA and the draft, he filled the hole at safety. Now we'll see if that transfers to the game.

And yeah, hopefully the D is pretty well set for now with talent and depth. It would be a luxury, a very possible luxury, to use the draft to reinforce positions going forward. In the meantime, this sure looks like a very young, talented team.
Next year the way we've set things up we might be chasing 1 starting CB spot...and a lot of depth...IF all moves this year pan out.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strong possibility that Edge (P.Smith) and or DT (Clark) will be draft needs. IMO.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year the way we've set things up we might be chasing 1 starting CB spot...and a lot of depth...IF all moves this year pan out.
And wouldn't that be nice for a change? It's still an IF, but if this draft produces at the positions filled, certainly possible. A CB and some DL guys are gonna be needed, hopefully not until next year.

And at the same time, a lot of weird things can happen during a season. Even so, I like the way the Packers are set up.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll definitely need CBs next year, if for no other reason than it may be Alexander's last year. He'll be 28, with a cap hit of $26M, and he's missed 47% of Green Bay's games over the last 3 seasons. He was only available for 4 games in 2021 and 6 games in 23. If he misses half the season again next year, they're going to have some decisions to make on cornerback.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll definitely need CBs next year, if for no other reason than it may be Alexander's last year. He'll be 28, with a cap hit of $26M, and he's missed 47% of Green Bay's games over the last 3 seasons. He was only available for 4 games in 2021 and 6 games in 23. If he misses half the season again next year, they're going to have some decisions to make on cornerback.
Wow, thanks for the stats 13. I knew JA had missed time, but not that much. I just don't see any way he gets an extension in GB. Things can change, but yeah, next year will need CB attention in the draft, maybe FA. Hopefully the S position is set for a while.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another dawg. Plays hard, fast and perhaps most importantly, only 21 years old. Gute continues to add young playmakers to this team of studs.
Possibly 4 Georgi starters on our defense next season.

I really don't have a problem with that.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are most definitely better when Jaire plays. Have to see if he stays healthy this year.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You kind of reinforced my post. Thank you for that.

Reaction score
I agree but I think the fans pretty much always think any room is worse than the GM does.
Partly because the GM gets instant day to day information. We don’t even get all the information on their employees. I say employees because that’s what they are. They have insider info we’ll never get much less a delay on most info.
My guess is Stokes will be fine. He actually was running his usual speed maybe shaking some rust, but very fast imo. 2 plays he got burned upon returning were what I’d call B+ A- coverage by him imo. I always slow the play down into segments and do my own analysis. The throws were A-/A. Sometimes that’s just the way the cookie crumbles