2024 2nd Rd pick #58 Javon Bullard S

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I preferred Hicks but again VERY MUCH PACKER TYPE.

Two day one starters for second round….freaking awesome

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Another dawg. Plays hard, fast and perhaps most importantly, only 21 years old. Gute continues to add young playmakers to this team of studs.

Reaction score
So far a really needs based draft. In some order or another these were all guys that were either immediate or upcoming positional needs.

Also you guys know I was in big favor of a mini trade back. This might be one of the best moves we make. That late4-early6th Rounds are loaded with good players this year. We’re going to be able to not only fill need, but also double down if needed. Safety and OL might be ones we see another selection. I’ll also add we have ammunition (bundle) to trade up and maneuver into key areas.
I also suspect we’ll grab a TE or WR now and probable OC to groom. Nourzad or McMahon that type

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a terrific second round for Gluten. Two starters on D who are very much needed. Now Cooper and Bullard have to show up and make it happen, and they will!

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So.... he's not a Southern kid who hates coming to a cold weather team, apparently.

Man, if he plays football with half as much enthusiasm as he answers the telephone, he'll be rookie of the year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think they want to be able to use Bullard and Evans interchangeably at safety and in the slot. Oladapo then adds that true SS presence for certain situations/gameplans.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nixon is no longer in the slot a lot I hope with Bullard here. Even Williams may be better

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Correct me about how I'm wrong here tiny but I thought slot was a corner and Bullard is a Safety?

Very common to use corners and safeties in the slot.

For instance, most consider Brian Branch and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to be safeties, but they're basically slots on the field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me about how I'm wrong here tiny but I thought slot was a corner and Bullard is a Safety?
Safeties play slot a lot, well some. Bullard last year was their slot safety and played it very well and then this year Smith played there and Bullard was rolled deep alignment a lot in 2023 and played it well.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Safeties play slot a lot, well some. Bullard last year was their slot safety and played it very well and then this year Smith played there and Bullard was rolled deep alignment a lot in 2023 and played it well.
I think we're both in the same thought yacht on this one. Nixon is a returner and as a DB should be 'there would have to be 2 fires 12 bus crashes...' for him to see the field at DB

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far a really needs based draft. In some order or another these were all guys that were either immediate or upcoming positional needs.

Also you guys know I was in big favor of a mini trade back. This might be one of the best moves we make. That late4-early6th Rounds are loaded with good players this year. We’re going to be able to not only fill need, but also double down if needed. Safety and OL might be ones we see another selection. I’ll also add we have ammunition (bundle) to trade up and maneuver into key areas.
I also suspect we’ll grab a TE or WR now and probable OC to groom. Nourzad or McMahon that type
I’ve heard the opposite this year. The talking heads say after round 4-5 the talent is weaker than your average year. Guess we’ll find out in 2 or 3 years.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome! Suddenly my favorite pick!

He has a few friends on the team already and probably has a good idea of what to expect.
He's gotta prove it on the field, but I think the guy is already a fan favorite. I'd love a pick six and Lambeau Leap from him.