2024 2nd Rd pick #45 Edgerrin Cooper LB

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a target I think most can get on board with.

Dropped back 4 picks after the eagles jumped us and took DeJean. But we came away with the next best Cooper.

Should pair with Quay Walker very well. Add some playmaking, speed, and agression.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loaded up with picks to no doubt move up some in the future. Cooper is the clear best off ball LB with no red flags.

Day 1 starter for us.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loaded up with picks to no doubt move up some in the future. Cooper is the clear best off ball LB with no red flags.

Day 1 starter for us.
This guy would've been a starter in the 3-4 we ran last year...in Hafley's 4-3 he's gonna be a beast. He'll be able to come through on the blitz and make the Tackles decide 'ok do I block Cooper or do I block Van Ness/Gary'. He'll be able to cover backs and tight ends in the passing game as well, and you know he'll be a beast in the run game. What I saw when I watched footage was his ability to diagnose. I don't care that his 'test score' says he has 4.5 speed. He LOOKS like he runs about 3.8 in game.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far for Rodgers and pick 170 we got:

Jayden Reed
Dontayvion Wicks
Karl Brooks
Edgerrin Cooper
As well as Picks 168 and 199 tomorrow

Raiders ended up with #170 and picked DB Christopher Smith

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago but I want to say GB gave up a pick also in that trade. Not positive though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago but I want to say GB gave up a pick also in that trade. Not positive though.
"The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36282465/sources-packers-trade-aaron-rodgers-jets-multiple-picks

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgerrin Cooper will wear #56
A good omen - that's a jersey worn by Nick Barnett, Julius Peppers, and.... the Mad Stork, Ted Hendricks! The 6'7" 220-lb Guatemalan DE/OLB who blocked 25 kicks and recorded 4 safeties (still tied for the record, I think). One of the all-time Green Bay fan favorites.

We only had him for one season before rookie GM Bart Starr made his first enormous mistake and let the Raiders have him for two 1st-round piclks, but in that one season, he had 5 picks, a safety, and 7 blocked kicks - field goals, punts, and extra points. Probably his best year, although he did go on to win 4 Supr Bowls. The man was unlike anyone else most of us had ever seen.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good speed and strength plus is a good ball hawk. Waits for and sniffs plays out quickly. Looks comfortable both against the run through the middle and on blitzing from edges.

Love this pick! He's going to be a menace from the backfield.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In only 83 pass rush snaps, Cooper had 8 sacks in 2023! That's just crazy good. Hard to even make sense of a stat like that in the SEC of all places. To put that in perspective, top teir NFL pass rushers can surpass 400 pass rush snaps in a season. If they produced like Mr. Cooper, they'd be pounding out 40 sacks a season. Even if Cooper piled up those stats in garbage time, I don't see other players getting a sack every 10 snaps.

Hafley must be salivating at creating ways to send Cooper and Walker on blitzes!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why He Will Succeed: Cooper has every tool you could want in his toolbox: he's explosive and can change directions, he has length without being too tall, he has power with the frame to add more size. The hurdles for him are going to be all about the mental side of the game: understanding offense pre-snap and reacting instinctively post-snap.

Why He Would Fail: In my opinion, linebacker is the single most difficult position in today's NFL. I think it's harder than QB. Offenses put you in an absolute blender and often times their schemes are designed to make you wrong no matter what you do. So if Cooper fails, it will be because the position is extremely difficult and because the mental side of the game doesn't come along.

My Guess: I think Cooper will be very up and down as a rookie before coming into his own in seasons 2 and 3. I would expect him to both create and give up his share of big players in year 1.

Upside Comp: Players rarely reach their absolute highest outcome, but if we are just thinking about his raw tools, I think Cooper has a shot to be in the neighborhood of a Roquan Smith or Fred Warner.