Yellowstone and 1883

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I could take or leave Yellowstone despite all of the media "attaboys" that are heaped on it.

My son got me 1883, the prequal, as a birthday gift - took me a little while, to start watching ... now I can't stop. Give me Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Sam Elliott over Kevin Costner any day.

Reaction score
I could take or leave Yellowstone despite all of the media "attaboys" that are heaped on it.

My son got me 1883, the prequal, as a birthday gift - took me a little while, to start watching ... now I can't stop. Give me Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Sam Elliott over Kevin Costner any day.
Interesting you should say that. I’m on Episode 5 right this minute. I started it last weekend. My only criticism is Sam Elliott GD-ing left and right. Other than that, it scores pretty good imo
I’m into War history and Westerns and it’s got a little of both. Saw Tom Hanks had a 2 minute cameo appearance also. I hope they didn’t put him on contract for that scene I could’ve grown a beard better than his.

Last edited:

Bingo_Arms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the Yellowstone/1883/1923 discussion, I love all three. Yellowstone is a little more soap opera like in my opinion but still quire enjoyable. Coming to a conclusion pretty soon but there are apparently at least one or two spinoffs in the works. Very interested to see how the close out this "era" of Dutton's though.

1883 and 1923 were both epic story writing and deep character development. Almost masterpieces of depth and history. Really enjoyed both immensely. 1883, I was sad to see was only one season but I think they did a great job telling the story and it didn't need to continue. 1923 will have a second season and I am looking forward to that - no date to my knowledge.

For anyone into those historical Sheridan shows, Bass Reaves is a really good one as well. Like 1883 only one season but some more epic storytelling.

Members online

Latest posts