Packers to Play in Brazil

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope the dumba$$ NFL scheduler who decided on teams & location for this game is already searching for a new job. What an unnecessary sh!tshow. GB probably in gaudy gold/blue throwback jersey with Eagles in white?
It's a travesty, if they send Green Bay to represent the league as one of the most historic franchises in the NFL and they have wear those hideous squash-colored jerseys.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe it won't matter at all since this is an American football game and has nothing to do with the Corinthians and their arch rivals.
100% right. This is in the news, because everyone is sick of mock drafts so sportswriters needed to come up with click bait.

I'll buy everyone here a frosty mug of Schlitz beer if either team is prohibited from wearing green. Even if this didn't come up in negotiations, there is no way that the NFL is going to let some foreign team dictate colors. This game is too big for Brazil to even mention the colors about.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% right. This is in the news, because everyone is sick of mock drafts so sportswriters needed to come up with click bait.

I'll buy everyone here a frosty mug of Schlitz beer if either team is prohibited from wearing green. Even if this didn't come up in negotiations, there is no way that the NFL is going to let some foreign team dictate colors. This game is too big for Brazil to even mention the colors about.
How can green be banned? All the pictures I've seen the turf is green.

NFL says to the Eagles "I guess you get a home game in Philly after all"

Sao Paulo "hey, just kidding. We love green. You can both wear green if you want. "

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd to hear that the color Green is banned from being worn in Corinthians Arena, the location of the Game between The Eagles and The Packers. Great move by the NFL, picking 2 out of the only 3 teams that wear Green NFL Jerseys, the other team being the Jets, to play in the game. Will the Pack be in all yellow? Maybe their dark blue throwback uniforms?

If I were attending and I had a green Packer jersey, damn right I'd wear it to the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If I were attending and I had a green Packer jersey, damn right I'd wear it to the game.
Given that the ban applies to players and fans in Corinthians Arena, I would have to wish you luck getting into the stadium with your green jersey. ;)

The good news for you, the weather should be perfect to go shirtless! Just please, please, please, don't wear your green pants! I really don't want to see THAT on TV!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any legal issues with any of the players that would make traveling to Brazil let's say interesting?
Also Brazil seems to have some political issues ongoing between the current leadership and the previous one. Similar to the discussions here but with a more confrontational style. Hopefully it is mostly resolved or simmers back down over their winter.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
....and the slow migration to pay per view continues. First Prime, then Peacock, now Netflix is getting into the NFL money pot, with 2 proposed Christmas (Wednesday) games. :rolleyes:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
....and the slow migration to pay per view continues. First Prime, then Peacock, now Netflix is getting into the NFL money pot, with 2 proposed Christmas (Wednesday) games. :rolleyes:

You would think that those teams playing on Wednesday, would have to be playing a Thursday or a Saturday game prior to that, to hopefully get them enough rest between games. That late in the season, there shouldn't be any more bye weeks left. Sunday to Thursday is tough enough, you couldn't expect a team to play on Sunday and then again on Wednesday.

OP
OP
GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I live near Milwaukee and in the past we could still see the game on tv. 1. Do you think that will be the same?
2. It seems obvious to me that the NFL doesn't care about those fans (myself included) who don't stream. I am NOT going to get those services just to watch the game. If some day all the games are streamed then I won't be watching anymore.:mad:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just started. It's going to be worse. The time is coming where you're going to have to buy a season ticket to watch the games on TV, or buy single game tickets at a high price. Rest assured, there will be enough people willing to pay the freight that it will continue and grow stronger.

At my age, I won't see it, but it's going to happen. Even the idea of them being sued under anti-trust laws means nothing. They own the game, and if you want to see it, they can demand you pay for it. That's the story of supply and demand in the world of business.

Reaction score
It’s gotten to be all about the $$ and crapping on fans to get there. Exhorbent prices until see the Stadiums not filling up.

Maybe we should create a National NFL fan Boycott week?

That might send a message. I don’t think NFL fans are that disconnected from each other that we couldn’t make it effective. I’d say 75% of those I know are similarly disgusted by the Network Merry Go Round Circus, poor connectivity, Commercials, Costs of Ticket Prices etc.. another 5% I know have already jumped ship because of politics being brought in. I might be low on that %. I stopped watching for 1 full regular season a few years back because of politics being pushed into the arena. I’m not scared to miss a game at all to send a message. Maybe boycott select games in the US until we get some fan representation. We’ve been largely dismissed by NFL Executives as Sheeple.

Everyone else goes on Strike. How about a fan strike. Millions of people just committed to missing a week or two or three. I could see it happening. I doubt the NFL wants to press the idea very long. For us individually it’s missing a few games for the betterment of the sport and its fans. To them? It’s Bilions in lost Revenue

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sao Paulo is 2 hours ahead of CDT. Direct flight is 11 hours, so hoping they head south on Wednesday to acclimate & get right for Friday afternoon/evening game. Think facing Philly early is better than mid-season. Hope this keeps GB off of the overseas schedule for'25.
I agree. I really don't like the international games. In this case, the time zone diff is small. But 11 hours on a plane, even in first class, is exhausting. For me at least when I did that travel, I was ok when I got wherever I was going. Coming back was hard.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just started. It's going to be worse. The time is coming where you're going to have to buy a season ticket to watch the games on TV, or buy single game tickets at a high price. Rest assured, there will be enough people willing to pay the freight that it will continue and grow stronger.

At my age, I won't see it, but it's going to happen. Even the idea of them being sued under anti-trust laws means nothing. They own the game, and if you want to see it, they can demand you pay for it. That's the story of supply and demand in the world of business.
Yup. Econ 101. Monopolies are price makers, not price takers. And the NFL is the only supplier.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope the dumba$$ NFL scheduler who decided on teams & location for this game is already searching for a new job. What an unnecessary sh!tshow. GB probably in gaudy gold/blue throwback jersey with Eagles in white?
At least the flights to Europe are "only" about 8 hours. Brazil is 11 hours non-stop. That's ridiculous.

And those awful Packer throwback jerseys should be shelved permanently.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. It is also helpful that it is in the same hemisphere with respect to time zones.

And that Green Bay is considered the road team.
Yeah they don't have to waste a home game. Problem is the flight, 11 hours non stop. I've been on a 12 hour flight, just once fortunately. It was for business - SF to Taipei - and I was messed up for a few days - both getting there and coming back.

The NFL will be playing games in Dubai, bet on it - and that's almost 24 hours door to door. Literally, the other side of the world. Noon in Dubai is midnight in GB, or close. Chicago to London or Frankfurt, and then on to Dubai, both 9 hour flights. It will happen, and it's ridiculous.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One of my best friends is a Football Fanatic, as well as a "practical sense" business guy. Anytime I bring up my frustrations with player contracts, ticket prices, pay per view, etc. his standard response is this.

"Do you know why they do it? Because they can."

Pretty simple statement but very true. The NFL is a Monopoly and they know it. They are selling a drug that nobody else has. They are selling a drug that through the years, millions have become and continue to be, addicted to. They are a drug dealer that wants to look like "the good guy", giving everyone what they want, as they slowly bleed their customers for their time and money.

Now the bad part. "My name is PokerBrat2000 and I am a PackerAholic."

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live near Milwaukee and in the past we could still see the game on tv. 1. Do you think that will be the same?

Local markets still get their local team over the air so when on Amazon, NFL, ESPN, etc, Milwaukee would get the game. I see no reason Netflix wouldn't be the same.

Cold hard fact is that if you don't like the price, product or methods of the NFL (or any business for that matter). Stop watching. Going to need to be forever and not just 1 or 2 games because TV contracts are already signed.

Why I've generally stopped going to movie theaters and out to eat. Product and price isn't agreeable to me so, I stopped.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why I've generally stopped going to movie theaters and out to eat. Product and price isn't agreeable to me so, I stopped.
I'm in the same boat. I can count the number of times that I have been to a movie theatre in the last 10 years on one hand. I'm not much of a foodie, so spending $30-50 for a meal doesn't appeal to me at all.

While I still go to quite a few Packer games, I go with a buddy that has season tickets. When it's a night game or it is really cold out, his wife won't go, so he takes me. He won't take any money for the tickets, so I drive, pay for parking, food and refreshments. If someone offered me their 2 season tickets for the total package price, plus seat license, I'd pass.

Just curious about others. IF the Packer games were strictly pay per view, how much, if anything, would you pay to watch each game on TV? I'm think my price point would be $20/game or less.

Reaction score
Th
One of my best friends is a Football Fanatic, as well as a "practical sense" business guy. Anytime I bring up my frustrations with player contracts, ticket prices, pay per view, etc. his standard response is this.

"Do you know why they do it? Because they can."

Pretty simple statement but very true. The NFL is a Monopoly and they know it. They are selling a drug that nobody else has. They are selling a drug that through the years, millions have become and continue to be, addicted to. They are a drug dealer that wants to look like "the good guy", giving everyone what they want, as they slowly bleed their customers for their time and money.

Now the bad part. "My name is PokerBrat2000 and I am a PackerAholic."
thank you for sharing. My name is OLDSCHOOL and I’m a PackerAholic. But I want a new drug, drinks that won’t spill.. tickets that wont cost too much, and give me a thrill.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they don't have to waste a home game. Problem is the flight, 11 hours non stop. I've been on a 12 hour flight, just once fortunately. It was for business - SF to Taipei - and I was messed up for a few days - both getting there and coming back.

The NFL will be playing games in Dubai, bet on it - and that's almost 24 hours door to door. Literally, the other side of the world. Noon in Dubai is midnight in GB, or close. Chicago to London or Frankfurt, and then on to Dubai, both 9 hour flights. It will happen, and it's ridiculous.
The flights to Dubai would be the luxury flights presently used for the super wealthy. The accommodations are unbelievable from what I understand. They include semi-private rooms, culinary delights, showers, and just about every amenity you could ask for. They wouldn't even want to get off the plane at either end of the flight.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious about others. IF the Packer games were strictly pay per view, how much, if anything, would you pay to watch each game on TV? I'm think my price point would be $20/game or less.
I read this pretty quickly and was on board until I noticed the $20 was per game - I figured on about that for the season. :)