Best/Worst PFF Grades From Week 1

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've done in the past - here is the top and bottom of both Offense and Defense as far as PFF grades go - minimum of ten snaps needed to be listed.

*Disclaimer - this has to be said it seems because some take me sharing these grades as if I feel they are the ordained word of God on players...negative. They are however a metric of measure applied to all...

Best Offense
Zach Tom - 92.0
Jayden Reed - 89.2
Elgton Jenkins - 78.4
Emanuel Wilson - 69.8
Jordan Morgan - 67.7

Worst Offense
Luke Musgrave - 43.8 (this cat is a liability in running the ball for the offense. A LIABILITY)
Dontayvion Wicks - 44.0 (oddly rough day in the drop department...but it wasn't just him)
Josh Myers - 50.1
Tucker Kraft - 55.1
Christian Watson - 59.6

Best Defense
Edgerrin Cooper - 85.9
Xavier McKinney - 76.2 (had highest pass coverage grade)
Eric Stokes - 66.7 (second highest pass coverage grade)
Keisean Nixon - 65.4
Lukas Van Ness - 65.3

Worst Defense
Isaiah McDuffie - 35.7 (I still think he is as good as Quay, just not as athletic...if he was he'd be just like Quay...which is still not good enough IMO).
Kenny Clark - 39.4....I struggle to see this, need to watch the All22 film and specifically watch him.
Kingsley Enagbare - 41.3
Karl Brooks - 42.4
TJ Slaton - 42.7

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Best Offense
Zach Tom - 92.0
Jayden Reed - 89.2
Elgton Jenkins - 78.4
Emanuel Wilson - 69.8
Jordan Morgan - 67.7

Worst Offense
Luke Musgrave - 43.8 (this cat is a liability in running the ball for the offense. A LIABILITY)
Agreed, I think Kraft is the clear #1 now.
Dontayvion Wicks - 44.0 (oddly rough day in the drop department...but it wasn't just him)
Josh Myers - 50.1
Tucker Kraft - 55.1
Not sure why this is so low. He did fine in run blocking and had a nice catch and run for I believe 29 yards.
Christian Watson - 59.6

Best Defense
Edgerrin Cooper - 85.9
This guy needs to replace McDuffie stat. McDuffie just is not an NFL starter.
Keisean Nixon - 65.4
Besides Alexander, I thought the secondary played a fine game. Nixon needs a talking to about bringing the ball out of the endzone though.
Lukas Van Ness - 65.3

Worst Defense
Isaiah McDuffie - 35.7 (I still think he is as good as Quay, just not as athletic...if he was he'd be just like Quay...which is still not good enough IMO).
I think this guy straight up stinks. Quay has not played well and completely whiffed on a tackle that would have stopped the TD by Barkley. Tackling air. With that said, I'd take Quay over this guy 10 times out of 10. Send him to special teams and start Cooper. He's hard to watch on the field.
Kenny Clark - 39.4....I struggle to see this, need to watch the All22 film and specifically watch him.
Kingsley Enagbare - 41.3
Karl Brooks - 42.4
TJ Slaton - 42.7
They all got ran over and pushed around. Same old sorry DL play.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were especially bad at making tackles on the sidelines. Like on those w/o screens. Last year our guys, or one guy, would go after the ball carrier with real intensity while everyone else swarmed to the area. I think Nixon would still do that. Not sure that Stokes can run around/through blockers to do it. And if he ever gets on the ball carrier, not sure he can bring him down.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've done in the past - here is the top and bottom of both Offense and Defense as far as PFF grades go - minimum of ten snaps needed to be listed.

*Disclaimer - this has to be said it seems because some take me sharing these grades as if I feel they are the ordained word of God on players...negative. They are however a metric of measure applied to all...

Best Offense
Zach Tom - 92.0
Jayden Reed - 89.2
Elgton Jenkins - 78.4
Emanuel Wilson - 69.8
Jordan Morgan - 67.7

Worst Offense
Josh Myers - 50.1
Tucker Kraft - 55.1
Christian Watson - 59.6

Best Defense
Edgerrin Cooper - 85.9
Keisean Nixon - 65.4
Lukas Van Ness - 65.3

Worst Defense
Kingsley Enagbare - 41.3
Karl Brooks - 42.4
TJ Slaton - 42.7

Best Offense
Zach Tom - 92.0
Jayden Reed - 89.2
Elgton Jenkins - 78.4
Emanuel Wilson - 69.8
Jordan Morgan - 67.7

Worst Offense
Josh Myers - 50.1
Tucker Kraft - 55.1
Christian Watson - 59.6

Best Defense
Edgerrin Cooper - 85.9
Keisean Nixon - 65.4
Lukas Van Ness - 65.3

Worst Defense
Kingsley Enagbare - 41.3
Karl Brooks - 42.4
TJ Slaton - 42.7
Well, despite a new season, the same old mistakes, failure to execute and problems exist. Both lines are mediocre at best, I know only one game, the OL and Jacobs did nothing in the first half of the game and played poorly. The DL was the same old "song", could not stop the run, failed to get a pass rush. Tackling again a major problem, what does it take to or is it possible to teach adults how to tackle after all these years of playing ball? With the injury to Love, "shades of Rogers-NYJ" first game, who can be trusted and counted on to make plays.. M. Willis? his two plays against the Eagles were typical of his play with the Titans. Poor pass efficiency, poor field sense, questionable decision making under pressure, etc. Is he the guy? Frankly the Packers shell out $260 Million for 2 players and failed to fix the real problems of their OL and DL. They traded for a guy who has shown little ability to see the field and make positive plays. Pack is 1 game down to 3 teams in the division, question is how many down will they be in 4-6 weeks? week 7: Lions 4-2, Bears 4-3, Vikes 3-3, Pack 2-5/3-4 all assuming Willis as QB

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, despite a new season, the same old mistakes, failure to execute and problems exist. Both lines are mediocre at best, I know only one game, the OL and Jacobs did nothing in the first half of the game and played poorly. The DL was the same old "song", could not stop the run, failed to get a pass rush. Tackling again a major problem, what does it take to or is it possible to teach adults how to tackle after all these years of playing ball? With the injury to Love, "shades of Rogers-NYJ" first game, who can be trusted and counted on to make plays.. M. Willis? his two plays against the Eagles were typical of his play with the Titans. Poor pass efficiency, poor field sense, questionable decision making under pressure, etc. Is he the guy? Frankly the Packers shell out $260 Million for 2 players and failed to fix the real problems of their OL and DL. They traded for a guy who has shown little ability to see the field and make positive plays. Pack is 1 game down to 3 teams in the division, question is how many down will they be in 4-6 weeks? week 7: Lions 4-2, Bears 4-3, Vikes 3-3, Pack 2-5/3-4 all assuming Willis as QB

Having watched the All22 now, and almost two times, I will not hold anything against Jacobs in the first half. I encourage anyone to go back and watch the handoffs to him in the first half. Play call and OL issues on those plays specifically are to blame IMO

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this guy straight up stinks. Quay has not played well and completely whiffed on a tackle that would have stopped the TD by Barkley. Tackling air. With that said, I'd take Quay over this guy 10 times out of 10. Send him to special teams and start Cooper. He's hard to watch on the field.

You take Quay only because physically he is more gifted....if Quay had the physical traits and skillset God gave Isaiah - he would be a worse player than Isaiah IMO.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having watched the All22 now, and almost two times, I will not hold anything against Jacobs in the first half. I encourage anyone to go back and watch the handoffs to him in the first half. Play call and OL issues on those plays specifically are to blame IMO
Nowhere to run. But Wilson did a very nice job of bumping it out to the side when there was nothing where there was supposed to be a hole.

Krabs

Reaction score
It sounds like this is not a significant injury. 2-4 weeks. From what I've read and heard on the radio it is closer to the 2 week mark. Regardless, I have no faith in Willis what so ever. I think they will lose any game that he starts. If it is Colts and Titans, the Packers will start the season 0-3. Add in MN and they are 0-4. The sooner we get Love back the better.

Krabs

Reaction score
You take Quay only because physically he is more gifted....if Quay had the physical traits and skillset God gave Isaiah - he would be a worse player than Isaiah IMO.
I don't disagree with this perspective. Unfortunately, that is not an option. Quay needs a better LB on his other side. That is not McDuffins.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nowhere to run. But Wilson did a very nice job of bumping it out to the side when there was nothing where there was supposed to be a hole.

Watch those snaps Wilson got vs Jacobs. You cannot just say well Wilson did good in the first half, therefore Jacobs ought to have done better...watch the plays. At least in my opinion Jacobs did about as much as anyone not named Barry Sanders would have done.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree with this perspective. Unfortunately, that is not an option. Quay needs a better LB on his other side. That is not McDuffins.
Quay actually IMO needs to the be LB on the other side of Cooper....if not the #3 behind Hopper IF we drop a few of the next ones and Love doesn't progress towards being healthy fast.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch those snaps Wilson got vs Jacobs. You cannot just say well Wilson did good in the first half, therefore Jacobs ought to have done better...watch the plays. At least in my opinion Jacobs did about as much as anyone not named Barry Sanders would have done.
Well I didn't say that did I? I said he did a very good job of bumping that run to the outside. Not certain Jacobs would have done that though. But Wilson looked good. He caught a very contested pass also. I think he is better than you think.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson is starting to turn heads. He won't be Aaron Jones but he certainly is talented enough to move the ball effectively.

The Eagles game was a classic tale of football: our OL and DL got pushed around too much to make anything else work on the field. The big guys need to start eating spicy food and sniffing smell salts before games.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I didn't say that did I? I said he did a very good job of bumping that run to the outside. Not certain Jacobs would have done that though. But Wilson looked good. He caught a very contested pass also. I think he is better than you think.

Oh dating back to last year I felt we needed to mix Wilson in more and make Dillon our H Back FB/TE role guy. So no need to convince me that Wilson is a capable NFL back.

Members online