2024 1st Rd pick #25 Jorden Morgan OL

Reaction score
I'm reading this to say that Bak was eased into the lineup. If that's wrong, sorry, but he started all 16 games at tackle as a rookie and had slightly more snaps then than in any other year.
Good to know. I forgot he was inserted immediately after Bulaga injured, that’s actually quite rare for a Rookie so I forgot that. Thank you for the correction @Half Empty
Then we shall see if Morgan can similarly be thrown into the fray.

If I recall this Happened with Linsley also? (Going off memory because I’m too lazy to look it up today) He got unexpectedly tossed in during a Seattle game very early in. I remember because #12 hollered at Corey because he missed a snap count or something like that in his very first game. I hope Morgan can win a starting role, they obviously think highly of him.

I guess my primary point (my bad example) was that Jordan Morgan does have the requisite “size” for a LT. He doesn’t need the time for growth to add 15lbs like young Bakster

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know. I forgot he was inserted immediately after Bulaga injured, that’s actually quite rare for a Rookie so I forgot that. Thank you for the correction @Half Empty

If I recall this Happened with Linsley also? (Going off memory because I’m too lazy to look it up today) He got unexpectedly tossed in during a Seattle game very early in. I remember because #12 hollered at Corey because he missed a snap count or something like that in his very first game. I hope Morgan can win a starting role, they obviously think highly of him.

I guess my primary point (my bad example) was that Jordan Morgan does have the requisite “size” for a LT. Hes a smidge taller and heavier than Rookie Bak, without losing any athleticism whatsoever. Bak growth was as much on a physical spectrum. He was actually a bit undersized early on, but they got Bak in the weight room and he added like 10-15lbs of muscle shortly afterwards. Morgan’s battle isn’t as much physical limitations etc. he’s a total physical Stud
The Packers have had some outstanding offensive linemen over the last 30 years. A couple good questions are which one played with the Packers the longest and which one was the best? Which is the last Packer offensive lineman to be in the NFL HOF?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Which is the last Packer offensive lineman to be in the NFL HOF?
That would be Jerry Kramer in 2018.

The Packers as a team, have 28 players in the HOF. It really isn't as "easy" to get into the HOF as some might think. Will Bahk be the next one? Not sure really. Definitely a Pro Bowler but Bahk in the HOF?

The Packers only have 5 Offensive lineman in the HOF and most casual Packer fans (under the age of 60) might not recognize them.

- Jerry Kramer (G)
- Jim Ringo (C)
- Forrest Gregg (T)
- Mike Michalske (G)
- Robert Hubbard (T)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m flip flopping here. Just reading up more on Jordan. The more I consider IF Walker beats Jordan out at LT? Maybe moving Morgan to RG, and least for this season? He can still be trained as a reserve Tackle. I say this because I’m reading that it’s almost unanimous in the Scouting community that Morgan would be an exceptional Guard. Moving inside erases his Top concern of lack of length. Several have mentioned that he’s likely a Probowl level prospect at Guard.
My thinking is this. It’s just for a season and we can always let him compete at LT later.

I’m just seeing TWO Guards playing at Elgton level? With this backfield at RB? Wow! My thought it moving Morgan to RG would hide some minor deficiencies at Center and likely be an immediate upgrade over what we had with Runyon. Plus giving Morgan some growth opportunity. He also plays well at ~320lbs, so he’s a Wall in the power or zone Running game. Also just stamping and solidifying the Interior pass pro sounds intriguing.

I’m not well versed in rotational OL training enough to know if that’s feasible? or if it minimizes him being utilized as a backup Tackle? But his versatility is his calling card from all accounts I’ve read. We’d be super stout if Walker maintains or increases his production levels at LT.
Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Morgan-Tom

What say you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Walker-Morgan-Jenkins-Rhyan-Tom
Just a different view. Could shuffle everyone about keeping Jenkins from the edges and be almost as well.
Gotcha. That just shows what versatility does for us.
I just have no idea where our thinking is with Sean Rhyan? That would be great if he has made the next plateau in his development. He’s that unknown for me, maybe he’s going to be a good starter, maybe he’s gone by next year. I couldn’t tell you.

What makes you confident in Sean at RG? I mean as the best 5
I’m not setting you up, just curious where you’re at with him. Has he been playing with the first team regular? Idk

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha. That just shows what versatility does for us.
I just have no idea where our thinking is with Sean Rhyan? That would be great if he has made the next plateau in his development. He’s that unknown for me, maybe he’s going to be a good starter, maybe he’s gone by next year. I couldn’t tell you.

What makes you confident in Sean at RG? I mean as the best 5
I’m not setting you up, just curious where you’re at with him. Has he been playing with the first team regular? Idk
I thought I heard Jenkins taking snaps at center as well as half the line. I think a Rhyan at RG and Morgan at LG is a stronger line than a Myers at center.

Reaction score
If we get this thing right? That RB group could really take off big time. Adding another year of experience across that OL and plugging Morgan into the mix should give us a boost.
I can’t wait to see our Running game this year

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be Jerry Kramer in 2018.

The Packers as a team, have 28 players in the HOF. It really isn't as "easy" to get into the HOF as some might think. Will Bahk be the next one? Not sure really. Definitely a Pro Bowler but Bahk in the HOF?

The Packers only have 5 Offensive lineman in the HOF and most casual Packer fans (under the age of 60) might not recognize them.

- Jerry Kramer (G)
- Jim Ringo (C)
- Forrest Gregg (T)
- Mike Michalske (G)
- Robert Hubbard (T)
3 of Lombardi's players. Makes you proud. So happy for Kramer. But thankful for Ringo. He played a LONG time in the NFL. Today one cannot fully grasp the value of a HOF center especially when running between the tackles. Getting off the ball quickly after making the snap is no easy task.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wouldn't ink Morgan in as a sure starter. So far he has struggled a bit. Still early and some of that is to be expected, but those thinking because he was drafted in the first round makes him an instant starter, need to slow their roll.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't ink Morgan in as a sure starter. So far he has struggled a bit. Still early and some of that is to be expected, but those thinking because he was drafted in the first round makes him an instant starter, need to slow their roll.

LOL this is the normal and always present hurdle rookie's have. Mentally adapting to the next level - physically he is easily one of our 5 best gifted OL, this never translates directly to being one of the final five though for sure. Morgan's time frame for when he starts really pushing for starting roles will be when things start slowing down OR injury demands it..

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Morgan has the potential to be an elite interior lineman or an above average tackle, though both are going to take time. He needs to get stronger if he's going to be a plus on the oline at any position. I think his primary limitation on earning a starting job is obviously the mental hurdle of going from college to the NFL but I also think he's still coming back from his torn ACL and needs time to build his strength. I don't see him starting at tackle this season; Tom was VERY good at RT and Walker, while not elite, is an above average pass blocker and I just don't see Morgan being that in his rookie season at LT. I think, if Morgan can learn the position and improve his play strength this year, he'll be starting at RG barring injury elsewhere on the line.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess my primary point (my bad example) was that Jordan Morgan does have the requisite “size” for a LT. He doesn’t need the time for growth to add 15lbs like young Bakster
Corey started all 16 games in his rookie (2014) year

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL this is the normal and always present hurdle rookie's have. Mentally adapting to the next level - physically he is easily one of our 5 best gifted OL, this never translates directly to being one of the final five though for sure. Morgan's time frame for when he starts really pushing for starting roles will be when things start slowing down OR injury demands it..
Right, just wanted people to view his "progress" using clear glasses and not green and gold tinted ones. Yes, he was a first round pick, but making the jump from College Ball to the NFL isn't usually seamless and without its bumps and detours.

The good news, I don't think the Packers OL is as "bad" as some wanted to make it out to be pre-draft. Barring injuries, the OL is in good shape in regards to starters and depth.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, just wanted people to view his "progress" using clear glasses and not green and gold tinted ones. Yes, he was a first round pick, but making the jump from College Ball to the NFL isn't usually seamless and without its bumps and detours.

The good news, I don't think the Packers OL is as "bad" as some wanted to make it out to be pre-draft. Barring injuries, the OL is in good shape in regards to starters and depth.

Absolutely! This OL room is leaps ahead of last year - now if Bakh had proven in 2022 end that he was healthy maybe we've went down, but in essence this OL room lost just Runyan - who split time with Runyan who is already here, and only added otherwise.

I honestly expect Dillard to start at a tackle spot before Morgan does in 2024 - I strongly feel Morgan washes out at RG UNLESS the team desperately does want to start the Tom to Center experiment....but that thought was paused IMO and I have good contacts that confirm many suspect Monk to be that future Myers replacement.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

When has Gute ever drafted an instant penciled in before camp starter? Beyond one of the two TEs last year. His top round picks all needed to develop a season or three.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When has Gute ever drafted an instant penciled in before camp starter? Beyond one of the two TEs last year. His top round picks all needed to develop a season or three.
Need or our roster has allowed time to grow.

Reaction score
Thats what we were actually speaking to earlier. I think Half Empty made me aware of this. While we can agree it might not be a planned event putting a Rookie in as starter. It’s not as rare as we think (starting a Rookie) Corey Linsley went in for an injured Tretter and started all 16 games his rookie season at Center. David Bakhiari similarly stepped in for Brian Bulaga and played every contest in his Rookie season.. again 16 games.
Not only were neither NOT Day 1 selections, but they were draft picks #161 and #109 respectively. So while it might not be Plan A. It’s not at all inconceivable for a Rookie to get substantial playing time if the situation arises.
Brian Bulaga was a #23 overall selection in 2010. He came in Week 5 and became an instant mainstay at LT/RT. He was awarded the All Rookie Team Accolade and became the youngest player to ever Start in a Super Bowl. He was still 21yrs old on Superbowl Sunday. So surprisingly in GB we actually have had pretty good results overall injecting these guys in when necessary. Again I didn’t realize this until I looked it up myself because I’d agree it’s probably not ideal. But this is life and S happens

I’m not suggesting we just throw someone in if they are not ready. I am suggesting that it’s not unheard of to have success doing it in GB if the situation dictates it. You’d like to believe a #25 overall selection can be relied upon to at least do an adequate job in a pinch. At least that’s the hope anyways.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he becomes one of the top guards in the league with the versatility to play other positions I don't see why it should give you an aneurysm. A pro bowl type talent at any offensive or defensive position is worth a first round pick.
You beat me to the punch.

Darnell Savage was a 1st rounder in 2019.

Elgton Jenkins was a 2nd rounder in 2019.

I'll take great success with a draft pick, in any round, at any starting position. on Offense or Defense.