The 11th Annual Amish Draft Contest 2024

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As @OldSchool101 reminded us, a big thank you to @AmishMafia for another great job of hosting this annual event once again! The lengths that you go to put on this extravagant affair every year is incredible and appreciated! From the meals and housing you provided us all with for the last 3 nights to the room service and masseuses. Top notch! The little mints shaped like barns and horse buggies were over the top!

I will be back in 2025 Baby!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the congratulations. It was fun as always. Had to sweat out the 6th and 7th rounds as multiple people were 1 pick away from winning. I only gave likes to those who actually spelled my name correctly!

Reaction score
Couple of comments:
Only one goose egg. Go back through the early years and we had a bunch of 0 point totals.
I dont think i have ever seen so many get a pick right. 14 had Cooper in the 2nd and one had Cooper in the 3rd. 15 out of 19 had Cooper?
I think Cooper was not only a Packer type, but an obvious fan base favorite. I still can’t believe we got him. I think him and Quay are going to do some damage. Plus 3 Safeties and Olodapo is almost like a small coverage LB. Kitan is the antithesis of Savage
I think we are all very ok with Edgerrin Cooper. lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Cooper was not only a Packer type, but an obvious fan base favorite. I still can’t believe we got him. I think him and Quay are going to do some damage. Plus 3 Safeties and Olodapo is almost like a small coverage LB. Kitan is the antithesis of Savage
I think we are all very ok with Edgerrin Cooper. lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Grossi cracks me up! Between him and Charlie Berens, I can alway laugh at Packer stuff.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I'd taken it more seriously but I figured I had no chance at all and wouldjust make an *** out of myself. I know so very llttle about college players, because I just don't get to see the games like i used to years back.

But my thoughts were, Cooper in the 2nd (along with any one of several OL), Bullard in the 3rd (along with Melton), and Lloyd as one of 2 likely RBs in either the 3rd or the 4th (along with either Cedric Gray or Junior Colson, who i figured one of them would be there in either round), and Oladapo in the 4th. And so many of the other rounds, I just had no way of guessing where they'd fall, so I'd have either made a total *** of myself by blurting out irrevlevant names or left 2/3 of my card blank.

So I would have had some points, and it would have been fun, but damn... it's really amazing how much more thorough the rest of you guys are. I'll never have that kind of comprehensive understanding of the overall talent pool in each year's draft. I learn a lot about that from y'all.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
REAULTS
AmishMafia 10 Cooper 5 Bullard 5
OldSchool 11 Cooper 5 Hopper 3 Oladapo 3
Poppasan 5 Cooper 5
Shultz 19 Morgan 3 Cooper 5 Hopper 3 Oladapo 8
PikeBadger 5 Cooper 5
Tynimiller 8 Morgan 3 Cooper 5
DoURant 12 Morgan 4 Cooper 5 Oladapo 3
Pokerbrat 17 Cooper 5 Morgan 3 Oladapi 3 Hopper 3 Pratt 3
Firethorn 13 Cooper 5 Oladapo 8
Jetfixer 14 Morgan 3 Bullard 5 Cooper 3 Pratt 3
Repstar 5 Cooper 5
Todd Princl 3 Morgan 3
Edensmags 16 Bullard 5 Cooper 5 Oladapo 3 Hopper 3
PkrJones 13 Cooper 5 Oladapo 8
Voyager 11 Cooper 5 Bullard 3 Oladapo 3
Krabs 0
PackFan 3 Morgan 3
Scheeler Morgan 3 Bullard 3
Dantes 13 Cooper 5 Oladapo 8

CONGRATS Shultz!

Please check your results. I usually miss a few.
Admittedly, this was the least research I've done since I can remember on a draft. I still can't believe I walked away with an 0fer. :laugh:

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best of Luck:

Round 1: No. 25
OT Tyler Guyton
OT Amarius Mims
CB Nate Wiggins
CB Kool Aid Mckinstry

Round 2: No. 41 (via NYJ)
S Jaden Hicks
S Tyler Nubin
Round 2: No. 58
RB Jon Brooks
RB Braelon Allen
LB Cedric Gray

Round 3: No. 88
G Cooper Beebe
LB Jeremiah Trotter JR.
G Mason McCormick
Round 3: No. 91 (from BUF)
C Sedrick Van Pran

Round 4: No. 126
RB Bucky Irving
S Kamren Kinchens

Round 5: No. 169
DT Myles Murphy

Round 6: No. 202
DT Jordan Jefferson
Round 6: No. 219
OT Jalen Sundell

Round 7: No. 245
WR Joshua Cephus
Round 7: No. 255
LB Jordan Magee
Admittedly, this was the least research I've done since I can remember on a draft. I still can't believe I walked away with an 0fer. :laugh:

You have a lot of packer worthy picks on there. We all had a bunch of these names. Just some bad luck in not hitting a single one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, a few of us count on the knowledge and research of some of our experts because, in my case, I was sick and tired of donuts every year. It's a lot more fun to trash talk Tynimiller and Dantes when I beat them. My best years have come when I hit on 6th or 7th rounders.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, a few of us count on the knowledge and research of some of our experts because, in my case, I was sick and tired of donuts every year. It's a lot more fun to trash talk Tynimiller and Dantes when I beat them. My best years have come when I hit on 6th or 7th rounders.
I can see that's where the points are. You hit a 7th rounder correctly and get 10 points. You get the 1st & 2nd right, and you only get 9. So, I have learned, back load the picks so you have more potential hits in the last 3 rounds. I will remember that for next year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see that's where the points are. You hit a 7th rounder correctly and get 10 points. You get the 1st & 2nd right, and you only get 9. So, I have learned, back load the picks so you have more potential hits in the last 3 rounds. I will remember that for next year.
I thought Gutekunst might use all of his 6th round picks to trade up so I went lighter on my 6th rounders. Failed nevertheless. Jacked up my board by removing E. Williams and Oladapo from 5th round pick last Thursday. Stupid move that cost me 11 points. I concentrated on positions that were light in numbers on the roster. I banked everything on middle of the defense and a few offensive linemen.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is more luck than anything else. Other than 1 DL my 19 other guys came from 3 positions. LB-DB-OL. LB, I felt they would draft 2 so I used the 2 guys I liked early then used draft visits in the middle that made sense DB- (expected 3) I used guys I liked early and draft visits in the middle rounds. OL (expected 3) I originally had Mims and Guyton until I read that article about them not being Packer fits. I did not think they would take Morgan in the 1st, nor did I feel he would last until 41 but the prospect of a trade back led me to him in round 2. I took guys I liked in the middle rounds. Rounds 6 & 7 are crapshoots. 1 lucky guess there can change the leaderboard in a hurry.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OL (expected 3) I originally had Mims and Guyton until I read that article about them not being Packer fits. I did not think they would take Morgan in the 1st, nor did I feel he would last until 41 but the prospect of a trade back led me to him in round 2
Scary, that was my processing too.

Key element, "Are they Packer guys?"

After this draft, I am pretty well sold on the fact that Gute isn't like a lot of GM's that seem to listen to the outside noise. Gute seems to stick to his basic principles of what constitutes a good pick for the Packers. The top 30 visits aren't a end all to beat all, but are a very good indication that if a guy is brought in for one, he has caught the Packers eye and now they want to bump him to phase 2.

There was some mention of this a few weeks ago; "Does Gute use some of those visits as subterfuge?" I though we all came to the conclusion that he wouldn't waste a precious visit doing that, but I later read the article below, Gute admitted it is a tool he uses and TT taught it to him. Might be why he brought in Guyton and Mims?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is more luck than anything else. Other than 1 DL my 19 other guys came from 3 positions. LB-DB-OL. LB, I felt they would draft 2 so I used the 2 guys I liked early then used draft visits in the middle that made sense DB- (expected 3) I used guys I liked early and draft visits in the middle rounds. OL (expected 3) I originally had Mims and Guyton until I read that article about them not being Packer fits. I did not think they would take Morgan in the 1st, nor did I feel he would last until 41 but the prospect of a trade back led me to him in round 2. I took guys I liked in the middle rounds. Rounds 6 & 7 are crapshoots. 1 lucky guess there can change the leaderboard in a hurry.
In a way, I agree, but I don't at the same time. Picking someone in the early rounds is easier than later in the draft. When you get to the 6th and 7th round, it gets pretty rough. So many players have been pulled off the board that it's hard to figure out who will be left, that has value, and actually might be of interest to the Packers. Your choices reflect that late rounds savvy. You deserved to win. You did get 4 correct picks. At the same time, Pokerbrat got 5 names right. That's awesome too. To think that out of all the picks the Packers made, he got that many right. 25% of his choices actually ended up selected.

You guys did great! That's good numbers in my book.