2024 1st Rd pick #25 Jorden Morgan OL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it personally.
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona - I've brought him up before, but I've firmly locked him in as a first round prospect. I don't expect we would nab him top15 but if we did a trade back scenario this is a name to for sure know. IF he somehow fell into the second where we will have two - I'd be ecstatic with the guy we are getting on Day2. With Tom clearly being I guess who the team is planning to be the RT of the future (seeing as how we aren't putting him on left side) I really don't envision us going RT and there are some VERY GOOD ones this draft. Morgan has stacked good years after good years, has all the traits you want, needs a little more edge on the run game, but he will come in to GB IMO better pass blocker than Yosh or Walker has given us this year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of snaps at LT...I predict slides to RG or RT depending on Rhyan and Tom and where the best 5 washes out.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fills a need. I liked all of the projected 1st round Tackles so getting one of these is a top tier pick for Gutey. Now let's go get Nubin and Cooper tomorrow.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
High RAS score, significant need for the team, versatile as he can play all over the line - the most Packerish pick ever. Love it, but can’t say I saw it coming.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there you go. Thought Dejean was a slam dunk.

I thought we should add some OLine talent early and Morgan is exactly the type of player we look for. This was a safe pick and maybe means Tom is moving I side. Or he is playing at RG next season. Should help the other Jordan on the offense, and that's a good thing.

I like the pick.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay...I would have wanted someone on the other side of the ball, since we lost almost our entire starting LB core, but time will tell.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of snaps at LT...I predict slides to RG or RT depending on Rhyan and Tom and where the best 5 washes out.
Maybe, but he doesn't have snaps at guard. I also wonder about his strength as a run blocker. We'll see. If we were moving him into guard I would have preferred Barton, but I'm just some dude on the internet lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair some of us have been talking about him for quite a while. If you understood and supported the thought of Barton you should absolutely understand drafting of Morgan.

I think Kingsley and Jordan Morgan have to be acknowledged as being prototypical Packer types. I struggle predicting an OL pick in the first day but if either of these two are not picked at 41 - I think it is VERY likely one comes this way.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there you go. Thought Dejean was a slam dunk.

I thought we should add some OLine talent early and Morgan is exactly the type of player we look for. This was a safe pick and maybe means Tom is moving I side. Or he is playing at RG next season. Should help the other Jordan on the offense, and that's a good thing.

I like the pick.
This is actually a better pick than Dejean IMO because it fixes 3 problems. One it gets the blindside covered for several years and two it moves Tom to Center and Three moves Myers either to the bench or off the team.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair some of us have been talking about him for quite a while. If you understood and supported the thought of Barton you should absolutely understand drafting of Morgan.
I don't know if this is directed at me, but trust me, I've seen Morgan talked about a lot as well and watch his tape. If we are moving more towards a power/gap scheme, I want someone that moves bodies. JPJ and Barton were two of the best at that. Morgan had issues shifting his weight in pass protection and to me anyway appears to have less playing strength than the other two. Again, it's just my opinion and I know it's highly likely I'm wrong.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if this is directed at me, but trust me, I've seen Morgan talked about a lot as well and watch his tape. If we are moving more towards a power/gap scheme, I want someone that moves bodies. JPJ and Barton were two of the best at that. Morgan had issues shifting his weight in pass protection and to me anyway appears to have less playing strength than the other two. Again, it's just my opinion and I know it's highly likely I'm wrong.
Nah you're good man, he is less mauler and more technician for sure - you're observations aren't incorrect if that is what you meant on blocking style. I think he will surprise you though some.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well damn, that was a crazy first round. Very little on the defensive side of the ball, probably every team is thinking offense is the key, everything else will come eventually.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think they would go OL in the first Rd, but if they did, I was hoping it would be Morgan. He is a "Packers" OL through and through, and had been getting some momentum on getting back in the end of the 1st rd of mock drafts the last couple weeks. Plus, that will give me 4 pts in the Amish Mock contest, as I had him in the 1st rd of mine.

Not only that, on "X" Zach Kruse asked a question.... here was my answer, and guess I live another day.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well damn, that was a crazy first round. Very little on the defensive side of the ball, probably every team is thinking offense is the key, everything else will come eventually.
Seahawks went with a DT. And several others went with edge rushers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah you're good man, he is less mauler and more technician for sure - you're observations aren't incorrect if that is what you meant on blocking style. I think he will surprise you though some.
Can he block Bosa?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think they would go OL in the first Rd, but if they did, I was hoping it would be Morgan. He is a "Packers" OL through and through, and had been getting some momentum on getting back in the end of the 1st rd of mock drafts the last couple weeks. Plus, that will give me 4 pts in the Amish Mock contest, as I had him in the 1st rd of mine.

Not only that, on "X" Zach Kruse asked a question.... here was my answer, and guess I live another day.

More importantly, you had him in the draft contest. Nice work!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wasn’t expecting Morgan but I really wanted them to go offensive line and preferred someone with versatility. So this definitely checked that box.

As to the player, offensive line is one of the most nuanced, technical, and complex positions on the field to scout. I’m so out of my depth trying to watch OL prospects and determine what’s fixable, what’s not, etc. The Packers had their choice of a number of guys and took Morgan. At this position, they have more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

I watched Mike Wahle’s breakdown of Morgan from The Block Party on YouTube last night. He posted it two months ago so it isn’t at all influenced by him being the Packers’ pick. The cliff notes:

-Morgan isn’t elite in any one area but does almost everything well.

-His feet and his pass set are really good.

-He plays with wide hands and exposes his chest; hand placement and strike timing will be his biggest projects.

-He has a knack for just making things work and persevering even when things don’t go right. He will scrap.

-Landing spot would be tantamount. The corrections he needs aren’t necessarily easy but they’re simple and the right staff can turn him into a really good player.

Big time kudos to @tynimiller who has been in on Morgan for a long time now. Definitely one of “his” guys through the process.